|[Last Update: ]|
The garage needed cleaning anyhow, so we threw away the clutter and shoved the rest to one side. Using the ceiling beams and poles framed from PVC pipe, we again hung plastic sheeting to form a maze, although smaller than prior ones due to the indoor setting.+====================+====================+======+ | | | | |  |  | | | | |DRYER | | +=============+=============+ | | | | |  | |WASHER| | | | +=============+ +====================+ | |  | | | | | | +====================+======+ | | | | | |  | | | | | | | +=============+ |  | | | |  | | | | | | | +=============+ + | | | | | |  | | | | | +====================+======+ | |WATER | | |HEATER| |  | | +====================+ +======+
- Sign: "HELLo tHERE", inspired by Batman Returns.
- Graveyard: The wall here was a white sheet with a red light behind it, and we used cardboard cutouts and props to cast a shadow of a graveyard scene.
- Death: A floaating robe and skull with a scythe.
- Skeletons: We finally threw away the remains of a pinball machine, but I saved several magnetic pins and used them to pull fishing line connected to the joints of four plastic skeletons. When I hit the switches, they'd jerk just enough to startle the kids pretty good.
- Headless Woman: This was the same headless woman from two years ago, but now her hands held her head aloft and moved back-and-forth away from her shoulders like she was passing it to you, rigged on wires and an oscillating fan motor.
- Floating Face: We put a TV on the dryer covered in a black cloth and used the DVD we bought last year of various frightening faces saying corny scary stuff. It was surrounded by baby doll heads.
- Head: This was just another head on a shelf that looked like it was floating in the dark.
- Web: A strobe-light barely lit a bunch of hanging spiders, and one motion activated one that would drop right in your face as you rounded the corner.
- Black-Light Room: A couple black-light pictures and hand-scrawled writing that said "Go Back!"
The House The Maze
Halloween Main Page