|[Last Update: ]|
We had the whole place decked out in spider webs and black lights, with the now three-year-old Halloween tapes of gothic songs and creepy sounds playing quietly for anyone who wanted to come in and relax to get away from the noise in the back.
Inspired by Bobby's brain Jell-O from parties past, this was Rowland's first attempt at making a body constructed of food, and it left plenty of room for improvement:
- Brain: Bobby's brain-shaped mold with orange and peach Jell-O mixed with evaporated milk to make it opaque and flesh-colored.
- Arms: celery stick bones.
- Hands: carrot stick fingers.
- Heart: heart-shaped mold, with strawberry and cherry Jell-O mixed with evaporated milk again for that pink-fleshy look. Unseen inside was a plastic bag of corn syrup and grenadine that, to the shock of onlookers, spurted blood as the heart was stabbed.
- Spine: chips laid out on a long dish.
- Kidneys: sour-cream and onion dip
- Intestines: hot-links, still strung together.
- Legs: bone-shaped bread sticks
We spent a lot of the early part of the night boiling water in the kitchen for the dry ice. After failing outside, Rowland and Jesse did manage to make some decent fog in the kitchen, but the resulting mess spilled on the floor made it only temporary.
The House The Garage The Yard The Back
Halloween Main Page