|[Last Update: ]|
We laid out our traditional food corpse on a table, with a second table of extras:
- Brain: Bobby's brain-shaped mold with orange gelatin mixed with evaporated milk to make it opaque and flesh-colored.
- Hair: pretzel sticks stuck in the brain.
- Eyes: pimento olives.
- Tongue: a large strip of red bell pepper.
- Arms: bone-shaped sugar cookies, red licorice veins and sandwich meat muscles.
- Hands: carrot and celery stick fingers around a bowl of ranch palm.
- Spine: slices of cheese.
- Lungs: pans of popcorn.
- Heart: heart-shaped dish of BBQ sauce.
- Ribs: Johnny Rebs' baby-backs, baby.
- Liver: fudge brownies cut to the right shape.
- Small Intestines: li'l smokey sausage links.
- Large Intestine: big sausage link.
- Kidneys: a three-compartment dish with the outer two full of mayonaisse.
- Bladder: the middle compartment, filled with mustard.
- Buttocks: buns for the sandwiches.
- Penis: sandwich stacker pickles.
- Testicles: Planter's mixed nuts.
- Legs: bone-shaped sugar cookies, red licorice veins and sandwich meat muscles.
- Feet: Fruit-By-The-Foot.
The house had lots of various store-bought decorations, lights and props, including a large stand-up of Death that we posed many pictures in front of. We also had Gloria doing Tarot readings for a good portion of the night, and on the television ran our three-year-old tape of silent classics: Nosferatu, The Phantom Of The Opera and The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari.
The kitchen served as the bar area, with a pass-out window to the main room. Dana was the primary bartender, but several people took turns helping throughout the night. Our normal policy of bringing cash or a donation to the bar proved a little unbalanced this time around, with very little money coming in to cover the cost of the keg, and lots of booze left-over, including an unopened bottle of Jagermeister I found outside. Kudos to Donny, Troy and co. bringing the mini bottles of Wild Turkey: very funny, guys!
The Yard The House The Web The Back
Halloween Main Page