|[Last Update: ]|
Next to the outdoor fridge, Jay built a simple temporary bar, painted black and decorated with tiny tombstones and dry-ice spouting skulls. Dana served as the primary bartender, but she got by with a little help from her friends. Looming behind her was a ten-foot tall Grim Reaper with outstretched arms. Behind him in the yard sat the keg of Fat Tire.
The whole patio area was covered in webbing and several spiders, including a giant nest that Bobbie had made. Laid out on a large table were hot trays full of food: Meatballs, beef ribs, chile verde, potato salad, bbq beans, and lots chips and dips.
We laid out our traditional food corpse on the table just inside the house:
- Brain: Bobby's brain-shaped mold with orange gelatin mixed with evaporated milk to make it opaque and flesh-colored.
- Hair: pretzel sticks stuck in the brain.
- Eyes: pimento olives.
- Tongue: a large strip of red bell pepper.
- Arms: bone-shaped sugar cookies, sandwich meat muscles, and beef jerky skin.
- Hands: carrot and celery stick fingers.
- Spine: slices of cheese.
- Lungs: pans of miniature marshmallows.
- Heart: heart-shaped dish of BBQ sauce, with red licorice veins all over the body.
- Ribs: beef ribs.
- Liver: fudge brownies cut to the right shape.
- Small Intestines: li'l smokey sausage links.
- Large Intestine: big sausage link.
- Kidneys: a three-compartment dish with the outer two full of mayonaisse.
- Bladder: the middle compartment, filled with mustard.
- Buttocks: buns for the sandwiches.
- Penis: sandwich stacker pickles.
- Testicles: Planter's peanuts.
- Legs: bone-shaped sugar cookies, sandwich meat muscles, and beef jerky skin.
- Feet: Fruit-By-The-Foot.
The usual costume contest was kind of forgotten about, but Alice Cooper In Wonderland, the after-the-fact determined winner, still got a gift certificate to Johnny Rebs'.
The Tunnel The Bar The Yard The Maze
Halloween Main Page